Who are you really?
During this time of lockdown, we have an opportunity to use social media to increase our visibility, build our followings and make new connections. So how are we introducing ourselves in our bios? What impression are we giving? And are we being consistent and authentic?
Your social media bio is your foundation.
Consider this scenario…
Congratulations, you have been found. Your potential ideal client has landed on your Instagram/Facebook/Twitter profile. In those few precious seconds, they are reading your bio, checking you out to see if they like you and could potentially do business with you.
What opinions are they forming? How are you helping them to build the all-important ‘know, like and trust’.
In addition, an optimised bio is excellent for search results. More traffic equals more followers.
Here are six easy steps to take to ensure your bios are working hard for you:
One: Review your headshots, cover and background images.
- When were they last updated?
- Is your headshot less than 3 years old and taken by a professional?
- Get creative with your background image: use it to showcase your latest offer/award. What wording can you overlay to promote your brand.
Two: Are all sections complete?
- Have you used all available characters? Each platform has different limits. Be clear and concise in the information you provide
- Instagram allows you to be creative in the use of icons to help reinforce your value
- Include keywords related to your industry, but don’t over-stuff.
Three: Is your value being conveyed?
- That is, the difference you will make to the life/business of your visitor, or the problem you will solve
- Are you showcasing your skills?
- Are you focussing on your current top promotion, such as a new online course or pdf download
Four: Does your bio truly represent you? Is it authentic?
- Have you included details which reflect your personality and passions, as well as your work?
Five: Are they consistent?
- Whilst each bio should be tailored to reflect the different clients on each platform, there should be consistency. After all, you are the same person.
Six: Are all the links working correctly and pointing to the right place?
- Use all available opportunities for links
- Are you using the bios to direct visitors to your website?
- Are you using an app, such as Linktree to ensure that links are directing your visitors to specific pages.
Particularly at this moment, more and more people are turning to social media to remain connected with existing clients, friends and colleagues locally, nationally and even internationally. The importance of being visible and authentic has never been more important. Don’t be afraid to shine and make the most of this important foundation to your content.
So, follow these steps. You will be glad you did.
If you would like any help, get in touch with me here
Nine DIY PR Top Tips for Small Business Owners: Learn how you can achieve successful results from doing your own public relationsFind out more
Inspiration in your Inbox: An email packed with tips and news to improve your personal, professional reputation
- September 2023
- August 2023
- May 2023
- January 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- June 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- October 2020
- September 2020
- July 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- January 2020
- November 2019
- June 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- August 2017
- June 2017