In this month’s episode, we heard an inspiring story shared by Alice Yeates about getting unexpectedly seriously ill at the age of 50. From being a nurse to becoming the patient herself, Alice learned that her calling is in nutritional therapy. Following a period of life-threatening disease, she worked hard to restore her health and decided to open her door to people who were experiencing what she had experienced.
This month’s storyteller is Alice Yeates, a diabetes specialist and nutritional therapist. Her goal is to help people develop healthier lifestyles and overcome chronic illnesses.
“It doesn’t have to be complicated. It can be really quite simple. And it can be taken one step at a time. Doesn’t have to be all at once. It’s just one step at a time doing little things to help ourselves to stay healthier as we age.”
In our discussion with Alice, podcast hosts Lisa and Islay reflect on:
- The importance of focusing on one’s health instead of age
- Making small changes to create a big difference
- Looking after one’s self and listening to others who want to help
- The difference between type 1 and 2 diabetes and their symptoms
- The meaning of pre-diabetic
- Tips for maintaining a healthy lifestyle (committing to a healthy lifestyle is a ritual)
- Diverting the progression of the disease by helping the body to heal itself
This episode is packed with tips, takeaways, and key learnings.
Alice’s website is https://www.aliceyeatesnutrition.co.uk
Connect with Alice on LinkedIn
For more information on the Business Diaries, CLICK HERE.
Nine DIY PR Top Tips for Small Business Owners: Learn how you can achieve successful results from doing your own public relationsFind out more
Inspiration in your Inbox: An email packed with tips and news to improve your personal, professional reputation